This is a complete listing of known cemetery locations for people in this database. I have not personally been to each of the cemeteries or gravesites with a GPS in hand, and have relied on a handful of online services to calculate the locations. There are a few cemeteries on which I made a judgement call, and some could not be located at all and so are excluded from these maps. (See below for hints on how to use the map.)
I hope this is helpful to you! Check back later for additions to the cemetery list.
How to use the map:
- Hovering your mouse over a map pin will display the name and location of the cemetery.
- Clicking on a map pin will open a list box showing everyone in the database who is buried there (that I know about), and will display the GPS coordinates of the cemetery.
- If you are looking for a particular cemetery, you can scroll through the alphabetical cemetery list, or use your browser's search function to find the cemetery's name or location. When you find what you're looking for, click on the cemetery name, which opens a list box containing the names of people buried there. (Note that most of the names of women in the list box are birth names, for now. I am slowly in the process of fixing these to the name used at the time of their death, but this may not get completed for awhile.)
- You can click on a blank area of the map and drag it to a different position to reposition the map as needed.
- You can zoom and pan using the tools in the upper left corner of the map. If you have a mouse with a scroll button, it should also work for zooming in and out while hovering over the map.
Please, if you find a mistake regarding any of these cemeteries or the people in them, let me know so I can fix it! I am more than happy to make any corrections as they are brought to my attention. Don't hesitate to let me know if you think a location isn't right, or if you know a location for a cemetery not on these maps.