Here are a few of my favorite links!
- USGenWeb.org - Free U.S. genealogy data by state and county
- WorldGenWeb.org - Free world-wide genealogy data
- FamilySearch.com - Free search provided by LDS. It has many record images and indexes not easily found elsewhere. May require registration (free) in order to access some images.
- RootsWeb.com - Although it is now sponsored by Ancestry.com, Rootsweb is still one of the largest free genealogy resources on the web.
- Ancestry.com - You have to pay subscription fees to use most of this site.
- Fold3.com (fka Footnote.com) - Collection of U.S. military records. Can search for free, but you will have limited access to the details without a subscription.
- Findagrave.com - Free grave records, entered by individual users, some with photos, obituaries, or family links.
- Interment.net - Has some free cemetery records. (Note that links under the heading of "Sponsored" will let you search, but you'll need to pay to see detailed results.)
- LA-Cemeteries.com - Has some information on Louisiana cemeteries that other websites do not, including GPS coordinates and maps for many.
- USGS GNIS - Geographic Names Information System - allows for search on feature names such as churches, cemeteries, hospitals, schools, etc., and provides GPS locations.
- Stephen P. Morse's One-Step Portal - Poke around this website - there is a lot of interesting stuff! Especially of note are his search utilities for ship records and censuses, and conversions of addresses to GPS.
- WhollyGenes.com - Makers of the best genealogy software around, The Master Genealogist (TMG).
- JohnCardinal.com - John Cardinal is the author of two very useful and essential companion programs to TMG: Second Site (which generated this website), and TMG Utility (free/donorware editing software for TMG).
- ReigelRidge.com - Terry Reigel's TMG Tips. Terry is also the author of the sellout book, A Primer for The Master Genealogist, which is very popular among TMG users and is now in its second edition.
- TMGTips.com - Lee Hoffman's TMG Tutorials. Lee is the editor of Getting the Most Out of The Master Genealogist, which is now only available electronically.
- TMG Mailing List on Rootsweb - Users supporting users.