Leila Bell Coles
#1056, b. 2 Jan 1882, d. 1 May 1968
|Birth*||2 Jan 1882 ||Leila Bell Coles was born on 2 Jan 1882 at St. Martin Parish, LA.1,2,3 |
|Baptism||3 Sep 1882 ||She was baptized on 3 Sep 1882 at St. John the Evangelist Cathedral in Lafayette Parish, LA.4 |
|(daughter) Census1900||2 Jun 1900 ||She was enumerated as the daughter of Joseph B. Coles (given age 46) on the 1900 Census at St. Martin Parish, LA, on 2 Jun 1900.2 |
|Marriage License||27 Dec 1900 ||Leila Bell Coles and Joseph Husville Begnaud obtained a marriage license on 27 Dec 1900 at St. Martin Parish, LA. |
|Marriage*||19 Jan 1901 ||Leila Bell Coles married Joseph Husville Begnaud, son of Lastie Begnaud and Eliza Gautreaux, on 19 Jan 1901 at Breaux Bridge, St. Martin Parish, LA.5,6 |
|DraftReg||12 Sep 1918 ||Leila Bell Begnaud was living with her husband in Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, LA, on 12 Sep 1918, at the time of his World War I draft registration.7 |
|Death*||1 May 1968 ||Leila Bell Coles died at age 86 on 1 May 1968 in Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, LA.1,3 |
- [S26] Pourciau, Betty. St. Martin Parish History. Baton Rouge, LA: Le Comite' des archives de la Louisiane, 1985.
- [S463] 1900 U.S. Census. LA. St. Martin Parish. Population schedule. Digital images.
- [S16] Frank Zitkovic. Descendants Chart of Benjamin L Coles.
- [S19] Hebert, Rev. Donald J. Southwest Louisiana Records, 1750-1909. Eunice, La.: Hebert Publications, 1974-.
- [S297] St. Martinville Courthouse, St. Martinville, LA, USA. Original marriage license.
- [S1] Holy Bible. Hartford: Silus Andrus and Son, 1853. Benjamin Lippincott Coles Family. Held by Henrietta Stumpf, Arkansas.
- [S273] Ancestry.com, World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.